Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Story

Since I was a kid I have been interested in searching for and collecting antiques and vintage stuff. Before I was old enough to drive I would take my Dad's old red pickup and travel the Fresno country-side looking for old barns and buildings. I would pick old milk cans, metal advertising signs, tools, bottles or whatever got my attention. Many times I was chased off people's property. My good friend Mark and I shared the same interest. We would find old closed down markets and take the metal signs that advertised Coke, 7-UP, Orange Crush and other companies. We also jumped many fences and explored a lot of barns.

Forty years later I still love finding old treasures and telling my stories about the great deals and the people I meet along the way. I don't hop over fences or sneak into barns anymore, those days are over. Now days I hit estate sales, flea markets and good yard sales. I call my hobby "Joe's Five and Dime"
The purpose of this blog is to share my stories and to help others discover what to look for, how much to pay, how to re-sell so they can double and triple their investment. So, moving forward I will be listing items and posting pictures. I will also share the history behind the items and the folks.

Joe Russell

Deanna and I at a winery in Paso Robles Ca.


No comments:

Post a Comment